Department: Solutions Management Center, Operations
Reports to: Director, Tier 3 Support Services and Site Reliability Engineering
Location: Franklin, Tennessee
Cybera is the only cloud-based managed application network and security services company to fundamentally change the way distributed businesses use technology. Our purpose-built solution empowers secure, accelerated adoption of new applications and services. Cybera technology is customer-proven at more than 90,000 locations worldwide supporting point-of-sale, loyalty, mobile payment, tank monitoring, and digital signage applications. In fact, thousands of companies rely on Cybera technology, including the world’s largest SD-WAN deployment with more than 16,000 locations. Cybera has been named an IDC Innovator and a Gartner Cool Vendor, and has been recognized seven times by Inc. 5000 as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
The position of Tier 3 Support Engineer is to provide implementation and design consultation with engineering level support to the organization and customers. The Tier 3 support Engineer would be responsible for all aspects of customer support on advanced level IT infrastructure troubleshooting. These individuals would not only assist both Tier I and Tier II personnel, but with the research and development of solutions to new or unknown issues related to Cybera’s customer products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(include, but not limited to)
- Working with Network Engineers, Solutions Engineering, Project Management, and Operations Management on customer implementations.
- Working directly with customers to test and resolve issues.
- Working with the Tier 3 team to complete projects, tickets, and other tasks.
- Transitioning new designs and customer products from engineering to support.
- Working with the rest of the Engineering staff on developing and testing new technologies and further backbone implementations.
- Receiving and working escalations from Tier 2 support teams and further escalating cases as needed.
- Participating in a 24/7 on call rotation with flexibility to work nights and weekends.
- 5+ years’ experience with Networking technologies
- 3+ years’ experience with Linux Operating Systems
- Advanced knowledge of routing technologies and protocols including DNS, DHCP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP
- Strong written and interpersonal skills to help maintain professional relationships with customers and coworkers
- 3+ years’ experience with Juniper Firewalls and Routers
- Advanced understanding and experience in different networking principles included in TCPIP Networking
- Experience working in an IT support environment using an ITSM/ ITIL based ticketing system
- Understanding IT security best practices
- Understanding of network management and troubleshooting utilities
- Understanding of PCI-DSS compliance or other industry standard compliance efforts
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Information Technology or related Information Technology discipline
- Juniper, Cisco or Networking certifications
Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Applicant must be self-motivated and should not need much guidance or leadership.
- Applicant is expected to have excellent communication skills, expressing oneself through oral and written medium using tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Visio which are used in reporting and publishing operational processes and procedures.
- Applicant is expected to have the organizational skills necessary for developing and coordinating assigned projects, providing updates, communicating, and escalating issues as necessary.
- Applicant should have an aptitude for problem-solving and troubleshooting in a highly technical and fast-paced environment involving an ability to diagnose technical issues, match appropriate resources, and reporting after every case.