Reports to: Senior Systems Architect
Location: Franklin, Tennessee
Cybera is the leading provider of networking and security services for distributed enterprises. Through its turn-key solutions, Cybera provides a simple and affordable way for enterprises to securely connect multi-location businesses while meeting regulatory and compliance requirements, including PCI and HIPAA. Cybera’s solutions defend sensitive corporate data against security breaches and protect consumers from identity theft by safeguarding payment card information. Through its customized and scalable approach to integrating network and security services, Cybera provides customers with a simple solution which includes a single point of contact, one straight forward monthly bill and cost-effective equipment choices.
Cybera utilizes a complex infrastructure of server, storage, and networking elements to support various customer applications and designs. The System Operations team is responsible for implementing and maintaining these systems throughout the Cybera network. The Engineering team as a whole has a depth and breadth of knowledge on everything from service provider MPLS networking to embedded Linux development to Windows server administration. System Operations is one part of the team that supports the organizational network and technology needs and new product development. The System Operations Engineer role does not stop at maintaining systems, but also includes physical equipment implementation and maintenance, data center automation and configuration management tools.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implementing and maintaining all underlying systems and applications to support Cybera’s global operations
- Installing and configuring VMware clusters, Linux and Windows VM’s
- Building and Maintaining Public cloud instances in AWS, Azure, ext.
- Application and database configuration and management.
- operation and maintenance of monitoring and management systems and reacting to any alarms as needed.
- Identifying potential optimization to processes and developing solutions to increase productivity, performance, and stability for the organization as a whole.
- Interfacing with all departments within Cybera, and directly with customers if needed.
- Participating in an 24×7 on call rotation.
- Leading major projects, creating new system technology designs, and acting as a subject matter expert for Cybera’s systems infrastructure.
Skills and Qualifications:
Cybera is looking for a candidate who is an expert in virtualized infrastructure and orchestration. The ideal candidate is experienced with high-level scripting, configuration management automation, relational database management, and message queuing protocols.
- 2+ years experience administering Linux server systems
- 1+ year experience in cloud or virtualization environments
- Highly analytical and proven design skills
- Good understanding of scripting and automation
- Working knowledge of configuration management and monitoring tools such as puppet, ansible and salt
- Good working knowledge of scripting using languages such as Bash, Python, Perl ext.
- Good working knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies, including switching, routing, load balancers and firewalls.
- Self-starter and motivated to learn and grow
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, RKT, ext. is a plus
- Experience with network equipment such as Juniper, Cisco and Brocade a plus