Cybera is the only cloud-based managed application network and security services company to fundamentally change the way distributed businesses use technology. Our purpose-built solution empowers secure, accelerated adoption of new applications and services. Cybera technology is customer-proven at more than 90,000 locations worldwide supporting point-of-sale, loyalty, mobile payment, tank monitoring, and digital signage applications. In fact, thousands of companies rely on Cybera technology, including the world’s largest SD-WAN deployment with more than 16,000 locations. Cybera has been named an IDC Innovator and a Gartner Cool Vendor, and has been recognized seven times by Inc. 5000 as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
General Summary of Internship:
The I.T. Generalist Intern works within the Operations department and is a 10-week paid program from May 20th – July 26th. The Intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas: troubleshooting network issues, customer service support, coding, scripting and automation, desktop support, data mining and clean up, and creating documentation for processes. Candidates should be interested pursuing a career in computer science, networking and/or information technology.
The Intern will report to the Director of Tier 3 Support Services and Site Reliability Engineering within the Operations department. The Intern will interact with key members within (3) teams: Tier 3 Support, Site Reliability Engineering, and Corporate Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Learn how the Tier 3 Support Engineering team works with Network Engineers, Solutions Engineers and Project Management on customer implementations; learn how they complete projects, tickets, and other tasks; see how the team works hand and hand with the rest of the Engineering staff on developing and testing new technologies and further backbone implementations
- Work with the Site Reliability Engineering team to provide implementation and design consultation and support to the organization and customers; gain an understanding IT security best practices, network management and troubleshooting utilities, and PCI-DSS compliance or other industry standard compliance efforts
- Work with Corporate Services team to assist employees across the organization with general PC applications, troubleshooting any Windows desktop-related user problems, provisioning new desktop systems, and dispatching other IT issues to the appropriate resource
- Rotate within these 3 teams learning how we use the following tools:
- Networking basics – IP, DNS, DHCP, BGP
- Linux Management – Debian, Zabbix, Quagga, Reddis, OpenVPN
- Juniper Router/Firewall
- IPTables – firewall rules for SCA
- VMWare vSphere
- Ansible, Puppet, Bash and PERL
- Windows Server
- Must be currently enrolled in an accredited U.S. university or college working towards bachelor’s degree in related field; rising junior or senior preferred
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Must pass a background check
- Excellent attention to detail, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong active listening and customer service skills
- Must be highly motivated with the ability to multi-task and adapt to change quickly
- Solid analytical problem-solving skills
The position works out of Cybera’s Franklin, TN headquarters. Relocation assistance is not provided.