Department: Solutions Management Center, Operations
Reports to: Service Manager, Solutions Management Center
Location: Franklin, Tennessee
Cybera is the only cloud-based managed application network and security services company to fundamentally change the way distributed businesses use technology. Our purpose-built solution empowers secure, accelerated adoption of new applications and services. Cybera technology is customer-proven at more than 90,000 locations worldwide supporting point-of-sale, loyalty, mobile payment, tank monitoring, and digital signage applications. In fact, thousands of companies rely on Cybera technology, including the world’s largest SD-WAN deployment with more than 16,000 locations. Cybera has been named an IDC Innovator and a Gartner Cool Vendor, and has been recognized seven times by Inc. 5000 as one of America’s fastest-growing private companies.
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests for daily maintenance and installation requirements of all Cybera customers in a 24x7x365 call center environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(include, but not limited to)
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review in Remedyforce
- Monitor customer and network alarms and take appropriate actions to proactively resolve troubles.
- Follow prescribed escalation policies to ensure customer issues are resolved within the appropriate time frames.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Escalate service requests that require an L2 Technician or L3 Engineer
- Responsible for entering time in Remedyforce as it occurs
- 1-2 years IT or networking experience.
- Experience with Cisco or Juniper Routers is a plus
- Experience with Linux operating systems is a plus
- Basic networking knowledge (DNS, DHCP, VPN, Subnetting) is a plus
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Understand processes in Remedyforce by completing assigned training materials and blueprints in the Cybera University
- Enter all work as service tickets into Remedyforce
- Ability to work first, second, or third shift in a 24x7x365 environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Detail oriented organizational skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment