CompanyCybera is the leading provider of networking and security services for distributed enterprises. Through its turn-key solutions, Cybera provides a simple and affordable way for enterprises to securely connect multi-location businesses while meeting regulatory and compliance requirements, including PCI and HIPAA. Cybera's solutions defend sensitive corporate data against security breaches and protect consumers from identity theft by safeguarding payment card information. Through its customized and scalable approach to integrating network and security services, Cybera provides customers with a simple solution which includes a single point of contact, one straight forward monthly bill and cost-effective equipment choices.
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests for daily maintenance and installation requirements of all Cybera customers in a 24x7x365 call center environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(include, but not limited to)
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review in Remedyforce
- Monitor customer and network alarms and take appropriate actions to proactively resolve troubles.
- Follow prescribed escalation policies to ensure customer issues are resolved within the appropriate time frames.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Escalate service requests that require an L2 Technician or L3 Engineer
- Responsible for entering time in Remedyforce as it occurs
- 1-2 years IT or networking experience.
- Experience with Cisco or Juniper Routers is a plus
- Experience with Linux operating systems is a plus
- Basic networking knowledge (DNS, DHCP, VPN, Subnetting) is a plus
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
- Fast turnaround of customer requests
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Desk Dispatcher to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Understand processes in Remedyforce by completing assigned training materials and blueprints in the Cybera University
- Enter all work as service tickets into Remedyforce
- Ability to work first, second, or third shift in a 24x7x365 environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Detail oriented organizational skills
- Analytical problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment