CompanyCybera is the leading provider of networking and security services for distributed enterprises. Through its turn-key solutions, Cybera provides a simple and affordable way for enterprises to securely connect multi-location businesses while meeting regulatory and compliance requirements, including PCI and HIPAA. Cybera's solutions defend sensitive corporate data against security breaches and protect consumers from identity theft by safeguarding payment card information. Through its customized and scalable approach to integrating network and security services, Cybera provides customers with a simple solution which includes a single point of contact, one straight forward monthly bill and cost-effective equipment choices.
The Senior Development Engineer is expected to work with other developers in helping craft a self-service customer portal. Developer needs to be proficient in Linux systems, Java [Spring], and frontend frameworks such as Vue. Will be required to coach newer developers on industry best practices and help support a culture of continuous improvement. Must be willing to work across the stack.
- Design, plan, implement, and maintain new applications, scripts, and drivers to support and augment Cybera’s product offerings.
- Identifying potential improvements in operational processes and developing solutions and automation to increase productivity, performance, and stability for the organization as a whole.
- Interfacing with our Solutions Management Center, Customer Network Engineering team, and directly with customers as needed.
Managing major projects, creating new technology designs, and acting as a subject matter expert for Cybera’s application architecture.
- 8+ years experience in Software Development, with experience on all stages of the SDLC.
- Advanced Java coding skills, senior-level experience developing application back ends with complex business rules
- Advanced knowledge of the following tools and technologies:
- Jenkins or Equivalent
- Spring MVC or Spring Boot
- Hibernate/JPA/Spring Data
- IntelliJ IDEA, Spring Tool Suite, or Eclipse
- PostgreSQL, MySQL, or Oracle
- RESTful API Development
- Message Broker/Queue (JMS, AMQP, RabbitMQ, Kafka, ActiveMQ, etc)
- Enterprise Application Scale
- Version Control (SVN, Git)
- JUnit/Mockito/Spring Test/Powermock
- In Memory databases (h2)
- Test Driven Development
- Vue, Angular or equivalent
- CSS, Data Tables
Advanced Skills Required:
- Advanced knowledge of securing applications using SSL and encryption
- Experience with creating purpose-built in-memory databases using tools such as Redis
- Experience working with Netty Pipelines
- Experience with open-source clustered databases such as Postgres
- Experience with JMS
- Experience utilizing dependency injection, emphasis on Spring
- Skills with developing REST APIs Spring Boot
- Design experience with development of highly scalable frameworks
- Experience with bash scripting
- Experience developing applications that can be deployed in various linux-based environments (data centers, cloud, etc.)
- Experiencing troubleshooting running existing java applications via jstack or jmap
Considered a plus:
- Spring Thymeleaf
- TCP/IP Client/Server Development
- Time Series Database (InfluxDB, etc)
- NoSQL (MongoDB, etc)
- Postman or equivalent Rest Tools
- UML Data Modeling
- Microservices Architecture