CompanyCybera is the leading provider of networking and security services for distributed enterprises. Through its turn-key solutions, Cybera provides a simple and affordable way for enterprises to securely connect multi-location businesses while meeting regulatory and compliance requirements, including PCI and HIPAA. Cybera's solutions defend sensitive corporate data against security breaches and protect consumers from identity theft by safeguarding payment card information. Through its customized and scalable approach to integrating network and security services, Cybera provides customers with a simple solution which includes a single point of contact, one straight forward monthly bill and cost-effective equipment choices.
Cybera is seeking a smart, creative individual to fill the role of Platform Engineer. In this role, you will work closely with the architecture and development teams on all aspects related to service delivery. This will include development work on our custom appliance as well as infrastructure services related to the configuration and management of those devices. This is a dynamic environment requiring an understanding of a wide variety of skills and excellent problem solving ability.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret product requirements and assist in defining and developing features and capabilities to better support our customers.
- Become a subject matter expert on the design and operation of our appliance.
- Evaluate suitability of new platforms, modules, and technologies for use in Cybera’s products and services
- Develop test processes and tools for consistent and repeatable validation of platforms, modules, and services.
- Develop automated testing tools for regression testing of platforms, modules, and services.
- Work with vendors and partners to certify components for use in Cybera platforms and services.
- Work with vendors and partners to certify Cybera’s platform in their environments.
- Document work products and test processes.
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix
- Strong knowledge of Perl and Shell scripting
- Strong knowledge of IP networking and routing
- Strong knowledge of Ethernet networking and VLANs
- Strong written communication skills
- Experience designing and doing performance testing
- Experience developing and doing regression testing
- Experience implementing automated testing