CompanyCybera is the leading provider of networking and security services for distributed enterprises. Through its turn-key solutions, Cybera provides a simple and affordable way for enterprises to securely connect multi-location businesses while meeting regulatory and compliance requirements, including PCI and HIPAA. Cybera's solutions defend sensitive corporate data against security breaches and protect consumers from identity theft by safeguarding payment card information. Through its customized and scalable approach to integrating network and security services, Cybera provides customers with a simple solution which includes a single point of contact, one straight forward monthly bill and cost-effective equipment choices.
The Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer role works closely with the business and customers to turn data into critical information and knowledge that can be used to make sound business decisions. They provide data from multiple sources and tools to manipulate configurations that are accurate, congruent, reliable and easily accessible. BI professionals educate and train others to use the data as an analytical tool, displaying the information in new form and content for the purpose of analysis and exploring options. The BI Engineer is responsible for the full life cycle; development, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the operational reporting environments, support toolsets and integration of those systems with other applications. They design and implement reporting and analytical solutions, including both the design of table structures and the processes used to populate those structures with data from internal and external sources. The data and tools they provide helps operational teams drive improvement in key operational metrics, customer experience and business results. BI Engineers also interact with various development teams, engineering teams, project managers, internal and external customers, senior management, and external vendors. Members of this role understand how data is turned into information and knowledge and how the knowledge supports and enables key business processes. They must have an in-depth understanding of the business environment, and strong analytical and communication skills. Individuals must work well within a team environment.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop and maintain Business Intelligence platforms that empower the Operations Team with a self-service reporting platform.
- Develop, document and manage the toolset used by customer support teams to manipulate device provisioning, configuration and management.
- Work directly with Customer Service Center leadership to analyze requirement and management rollout with the intention of improving operational efficiencies.
- Monitor and provide support for current production applications.
- Collaborate with Development and Engineering Teams to ensure best practices are followed and standards are documented for system tool creation and management.
- Analyze and prioritize research-oriented programs.
- Advise and administer changes for various processes to ensure escalation of operational proficiency.
- Maintain various documents for operational systems and update as required.
- Develop and analyze all key systems delivery methods.
- Develop various comprehensive dashboards for operations management.
- Perform research and assist in effective implementation and administration of systems used by Customer Support Teams.
- Monitor and identify obsolete system procedures and processes and ensure resolution.
Skills and Qualifications
Cybera is looking for a candidate who is highly skilled in identifying and solving customer information and processing problems, so business objectives are met.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a development or engineering role
- 2+ years‘ development experience with Perl, Python and Bash
- 2+ years’ reporting experience writing complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, and triggers
- Ability to use SQL and Microsoft Excel to create pivot tables, graphs and charts
- Experience in SAP, object-oriented programming and other data analysis programs
- Analytical skills that allow for the development of data-driven reports
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively relate data to coworkers
- Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems
- Tendency to pay close attention to small details that could impact results
- General knowledge of business operations, objectives, strategies, process and information flow
- Able to work in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Customer focused
- Works well in a team environment and independently
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org